1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers e47 smoking!!!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tmaxxs10, Nov 19, 2011.

1. tmaxxs10

tmaxxs10 Junior Member

i have a meyers e47 pump with toggle control. Any idea why when i put plow up it starts sizzling and smoking at power connection on motor. I just found this site and it is great. I also tried to search to no avail(sp?).
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

could be a loose connection or the motor is dying ,more than likely .
  3. tmaxxs10

tmaxxs10 Junior Member

Can I rebuild the motor? Also I have a new motor to put on. On the new the nuts on the bolts need to come off correct
  4. tmaxxs10

tmaxxs10 Junior Member

Connections are tight
  5. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

? low voltage

make sure the ((Heavy gauge like #2 or a #4 guage copper)ground wire from the pump goes directlt to the battery..and also if the oil pump on a meyer...if the pressue is set to high it will make the growling sound and cause smoking ,,.believe line pressure is to be set at 1400 to 1450 psi..max..thinking these numbers are correct...12 volt d.c. electric do not like less than 11.5 volts to operate...tends to shorten the life expectency of these type of motors...best of luck your way,.