1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers e47 slowly drops

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 97S104x4, Feb 9, 2015.

1. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

My meyers e47 was working fine up until this morning when I noticed that the plow slowly drops every minute and I have to hit the switch to bring it back up. It raises and angles fine and drops as well when the switch is hit but it won't stay up. Fluid levels are good. What else should I take a look at?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

A valve. Smaller valve, has black wire going to it. Lift tube O ring or packing cup, both of these require opening the pump up to repair. And I would suggest if opening the pump up just rebuilding it. Chance it could B valve if the check ball is damaged but most the time it is A valve..

3. hotrod2dsd

hotrod2dsd Junior Member

Kimber750 is rite on. If A valve dont fix it take it apart (no big deal) and replace the small o-ring on bottom of ram stem and the packing, and the o-ring at bottom of ram sleve. Put that o-ring in bottom of housing not on the sleve replace top o-ring (white one 1 1/8 in dia. ) and replace top wiper seal--dont beat on that seal--use a flat plate and a vise and just push it in place. OK bottom o-ring in place (put some grease on it to hold it in place ) ram in the sleve--top cap in place on ram now put it in all together (gently) Do not over tighten top cap. New o-ring kit $40.00 good luck

4. hotrod2dsd

hotrod2dsd Junior Member

If when all done and plow wont raise you broke that bottom o-ring--start over (been there) be carefull they only give you one of that o-ring