1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers e47 slow up, left and right

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dan725, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

Help I have a Meyer E-47 that is working really slow. I got in the truck and it had went up and left perfectly and down. Then I went to put it up again and it went up like two inches then wouldn't go. I waited two minutes and it went up again about another inch and had to wait again and kept doing that until it was all the way up. right and left angle had worked the same way. I added fluid and after working it for a while it started working fine. Now there are no visible leaks and this had also happened the second storm I plowed. Worked fine for the third and now when I checked everything tonight for tomorrow night it happened again. I am thinking that it was so cold tonight and the last time that something may have frozen is this possible it doesn't look like there is any water in the pump.

Sorry for the long discription but I wanted it to be thorough.
    I appreciate any and all ideas and help

Thank you very much
    Dan

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

maybe you should flush the unit out and drain the angle cylinder's fill with hydraulic fluid oh yeah change the 2 filter screens i had a few drops of alcohol to keep moisture out

3. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Its most likely that the pump has water in the hydro fluid and is freezing up.Today I had to change all the fluid on my meyers and blizzard because they were all freezing up.

4. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

Are the seals going bad? Is that how water gets in or is it just a common problem?

Thanks again
    Dan

5. phillyplowking1

Its usually a common problem ,alot of times it can be from snow getting in the angle cylinders.

6. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply I will try that in the morning. Can I just drain the pump and clean the filters or should I also change the fluid in the cylinders? Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

7. PLOWMAN45

i would do both get 2 new pump screens

8. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

Thanks for your help Phillyplowking1 & Plowman45 I changed the fluid and cleaned the screens so far so good have to let it sit overnight and hopefully all is well now.

Thanks again:waving:

9. phillyplowking1

No problem> HAve fun playing in the snow:D

10. bbardo

bbardo Junior Member
    from ny

intermittently slow e-47

had the same thing happen over the weekend, I found that there is a third filter screen that was plugged - it is the pump intake strainer

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Like I said before, nothing runs happily except for Polar bars in this weather. ( cold as hell)

12. Filter question

The filters have 2 small nubs. Do the filters go in a special way? or you just just push them in all the way?

13. PLOWMAN45

just push them in

14. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

Misanthrope Just push them in they pretty much line themselves up.

15. I figured as much....just wanted to make sure.

Thanks