1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E47 Question.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1976 Ranger, Dec 6, 2003.

1. 1976 Ranger

1976 Ranger Junior Member

All right i've done the search on this but am still not having any luck. My Meyers plow wont angle right. Worked fine for about 5 minutes and then quite. I've got magnestism at the green (c) wire. It shows power with a test light and i can here the motor run. The fluid level also checks ok . I ' ve replaced the c coil and valve also ,still wont angle. I've also replaced the couplers as i was having a problem with one. Still wont angle. I then changed the angling cylinders, no luck. According to my manual it says to clean/ replace the crossover relief. According to the manual it says after replacing the crossover relief valve i need to set it at 3800 psi. How do i do this ? And if that doesnt work to replace the P A block. What is the P A block i'm assuming the Power angle block ? Which would be were the coils sit? IF this is the problem does anyone have a good used one or do i need to buy it new? Any ideal what these cost ? If you cant tell this is my first year plowing and the first day we get snow out here in Ohio it quites angling ( talk about some bad luck). So Have i done everything right or did i miss something. Thanks for any help.

2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i know it sounds stupid but did you try to unplug the power from truck to plow then plug it back in 99 percent of the time thats the problem
  3. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Try this. Take the C coil out and inspect the o-rings. Should be 6. Now look at the bottom and you'll see a hole. May be big, may be small. Find something to stick in the hole and push. You should see the valve move a little. If you can't move it, push a little harder. If you still can't, your valve is bad.

If the valve moves, put the coil on and gently secure the nut. Hold any part of the valve to the pump or better yet the ground. Have someone hit the switch. You should see and hear the valve move.

You are right about what the PA block is. Unfortunately, the PA block is a chunk of change but is not usually the problem. Main reason these fail is the wrong type of hydro fluid was used and there is a buildup in the passageways.

As far as checking the cross-over. You need a hydraulic gage. This will need a "T" fitting so you can install both a male and female coupler. This will then go incline between any angle cylinder and the pump. Hit the switch and hold it. The gauge will register what the pressure is. Good luck
  4. 1976 Ranger

Well i went out and unplug the harness and reattached. No luck. I will check the c valve tommorrow. On another note is there a way to clean the P A block if thats the problem?

5. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

You can try but it is a chore. I suggest having a schematic to help put back together.

For the trouble and PITA you are going to and already inflicted. A serious thought would be to just buy a good used unit off E Bay or something. At least then you can swap parts and not spend the cash on a PA block when sure as #^*@ turns out to be something else.

A spare would definitely be the way I would go. Good Luck
  6. 1976 Ranger

Well today i replaced the crossover. Checked all valves A, B, and C for movement. They all work great. When i changed the crossover i also disassemble the whole motor and cleaned and flush all of the passages. Put everything back together and added clean fluid and it still only angles left. So i then Switch the hoses from left to the right and vise versa. Now it will angle to the right very slowy , and very fast when going to the left. What Gives? Should i replace my couplers again there less than a week old or should i go after the hoses?

7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

make sure that all the couplers are the same brand, I want through this last week and I even tore down my pump into a million pieces and rebuilt it with new everything and it turned out to be a set of $7.50 couplers:rolleyes:
  8. Landscaper 70

Landscaper 70 Junior Member

What controller are you using?

If you have a local dealer go there and ask him if you can test a controller to see if that is your problem.
  9. 1976 Ranger

Well it was a hose and coupler

replaced them on the drivers side and bingo works like a charm. Thanks For all the help