1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E47 Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1976 Ranger, Nov 15, 2003.

1. 1976 Ranger

1976 Ranger Junior Member

I'm new to plowing so i want to make sure i dont have a lot of breakdowns my first year. I recently purchased a used E47 pump, what kind of mantaince should be done on it, i searched the discussions and so far have replaced the Filters and fluid, any thing else i should do. Also what kind of tips can you guys give a newbie. Oh by the way , I run a 76 F250 4x4 with a Dana 60 front and rear, has a 360 Fe motor, C6 with deep pan and cooler, Np205 case and a Powertraxx locker in the Rear.

Thanks for any advice

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i run meyers not really any problem

your truck is a tank

i have a 79 f-250 unstoppable
    pushes snow like a dozer

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

David you have already done one of the most important parts of servicing your plow with changing of the fluid.
    Hope you drained the angling cylinders too.
    Check the wires going to the coils, they tend to get hard a crack right at the coil.
    Much easier to repair them now then having to buy a coil when they break off.
    Check your hoses for cracking and signs of kinking around the fittings on the ends, also check the 90 degree swivel fittings for looseness and leaks.
    I always check and see it I can get the two motor mounting bolts loose, as it's much easier now then at three in the morning when you find them froozen and then you break them off as your installing your extra motor.
    Hope this helps you out a little.

:rolleyes: John..........