1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E47 no left or right

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by obrut, Oct 30, 2002.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I've been trying to get this blow working before winter. I got it free from a friend. I have it all wired up and it will go up and down. I've changed the fluid and used the meyers fluid and filled it. I've checked the wiring, gounds and the solenoids, everything looks good. When i push the switch for left the motor will run and when i go right the solenoid will energize and the motor will run but the blade will not move. When the plow is raised i can pull and push it back and forth by hand. The only thing i can think of is replacing the C valve but since its $45-50 i want to make sure thats it before buying it. Do you guys have any suggestions?

2. long0

long0 Senior Member

Lotta discussion about this problem in the past few weeks. Tell ya what, I'll do a search for you

If you find nothing on these, try a search on "E47" and you will get lots more info.

Andy

3. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

thanks long0 i forgot to say that i did a search and i read those post already. Another thing that i tried was i pushed the check ball in by hand on the line that runs down to the rams and had a buddy hit the switch. Fluid came out oneway but nothing the other way. When the fluid did come out it didn't seem to have a lot of pressure.

4. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

i removed the pump and motor, i took everything apart and cleaned everything. I removed both the B and C valve then i put the coil on top and hit the switch and both valves seem to work. Is there supposed to be a check ball under the B valve? Or is it just the valve and the spring? Also the only other problem i noticed is the crossover relief spring was broken, would that have any effect on left and right movement? This is driving me nuts, it almost seems like there is no pressure but the blade will go up but no left and right movement at all.

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Meyer power unit

There hould be a check ball on top of the spring at the B valve, and a broken spring on the cross over valve can cause angling problems. The cross over valve allows the fluid to be dumped from one angle cylinder to the other in the event that you hit an object with either side of your plow. And hopefully before you do damage to either one of the cartridge valves. I think that your on the right track. John

6. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks john, i will replace the spring and put a check ball in. I was looking a a diagram of the E47 and i think i missing the piston that goes under the plug for power angling block. If you check this page it looks like part #35 http://www.angelos-supplies.com/plowparts/meyer-e-47.pg When i had that plug out there was nothing under it!?! Maybe thats whats wrong with it?

7. Garagekeeper

You need the piston in there too. When was the last time this unit was operated?:rolleyes:

8. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I got it free from a friend, i think he messed around with it, that might explain the missing parts, that also might explain why it was free.

9. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

it works! I went and bought the check ball and spring and bought the angling block piston, the pieces that were missing, and it works great now. I asked the guy about the cross over relief spring and he said i had to buy the hole kit for $50 :( Needless to say i didn't buy it but i would like to replace that spring. Anyone know were i can get just the spring?

10. Garagekeeper

Glad that you got it working. I figured that you would once you replaced the missing parts. As far as the spring in the crossover you have to get the whole kit. If I find one in an old valve block I'll let you know. :rolleyes: John

11. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks John