1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E-60 won't angle left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bronco69, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bronco69

bronco69 Member

I have a meyers E-60 that I just replaced that won't angle left. It raises fine and angles to the right no problem, but everytime I try to angle left it seems like it wants to but it's almost like it binds up. I checked one of my other pumps and know that it is not an issue with the blade or hoses. So far I have replaced the B-valve, C-valve, Cross-over relief valve, piston, ram, and all the seals in the pump. I noticed when I took the C-valve out that part of one o-ring was torn and I did dig 2 small pieces out. Is it possible that there is another piece lodged inside blocking a passage? If so what is a good way to get it out. Or do you think the pa block is bad and if so can you fix it or does it need replaced? Also I have another E-60 pump that as soon as u touch the down button it slams to the ground immediately. I tried adjusting the lower adjustment screw but I didn't have any luck. I know that I have a lot of questions, but anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Angle left on a Meyer is the default position. In other words if you do nothing but power the motor it will angle left without the use of any valves and coils. When they wont angle left it's either an interference issue with the blade itself or a problem with one of the quick couplers. You've already swapped pumps and discovered that the blade itself will angle left so the only thing left is a defective coupler...likely one of the ones on the pump side. And it also could be defective due to your 'missing' piece of O-ring being stuck in that very same quick coupler. Swap out the QC's and it will likely fix the angle issue.

Did you turn it fully in until it bottomed out? The drop speed adjuster screw has the ability to stop the blade from dropping at all if you turn it all the way in, so I suspect you didn't turn it far enough. They're rather sensitive when they're close to being bottomed out but you can turn them 15 turns or more until you get there before it makes a difference.

3. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Thanks B&B for the response. I will change the quick coupler tonight and see what happens with that. I hope you're right and it's not the pa block. As far as the other pump goes. I turned the allen head screw in until it wouldn't turn anymore and it still slams to the ground as soon as you touch the down button. This is a newer E-60 that I am unfamiliar with. It has a bigger PA block where all the valves are on the same block and the coil seem to have small relays on them that all have seperate ground wires. Is there a reason for this? I have never seen a pa block like this. Also is it possible that the lower adjustment screw is bad? Thanks for your help.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So it has the newer PA block with the external drop speed screw and latest small dia quick couplers like an E58H or E78?

5. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Yes B&B I guess that is what it is. Where would the external drop screw be and how can I adjust it. By the way I forgot to mention on the other pump that I had already changed the couplers, but I took your advice and I bought another new set and that was the problem although the pump seems to run a little slow, but it is one of the electro touch pumps so maybe it is suppose to. Thanks in advance for any help.

6. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Also what was the purpose or benefits of changing to this newer style pa block?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear replacing the coupler (again) fixed the issue.

It's an Electro Touch pump? Thats what the predecessor pumps up until the E60's came out were called...like the E46 and E47's for example.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's an image showing the drop speed screw location if you want to make an adjustment...

[​IMG]

The advantage of the newest PA block is that it uses the best to date valves and sealed coils with the dedicated individual ground leads for each coil. Much more dependable than the old single lead valve and coils. And is also the only PA block currently produced as it supersedes all previous design PA blocks.

9. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Once again, Thanks B&B you are far more superior to the tech guys at meyers and you explain things much better. You should probably write a book "Meyers plow troubleshooting for DUMMIES" I am sure it would be a bestseller. And yes the one pump that I was rebuilding is for my brother and it has a sticker on the front that says Meyers E-60 Electrotouch. It sounds like this pump is pretty old and he should probably update it? Whats the difference between this pump and a modern E-60?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

11. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Hey B&B I took your advice and tried adjust the down drop on the newer style pa block. I tightened all the way and it still slams to the ground with extreme force. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You bottomed BOTH the drop speed screws and it still dropped like a ton of bricks? :confused:

13. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Yes, I bottomed out both screws as fa as I could tell and it still drops like a ton of bricks. Do you have any idea what might cause this?

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Missing parts, or a problem with the base and sump.

Here's the manual make sure all the parts are there, correctly assembled and the correct part.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-663 R12.pdf

15. bronco69

bronco69 Member

It doesn't appear that this is the problem. Everything works absolutely perfect on this pump other than the drop on it. I am leaning towards a bad needle valve (drop adjustment) on the pa block? Any other suggestions?

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What "drop adjustment" on the PA block?

The quill is located on the base/sump assembly, you could replace the 22118 and see if that changes anything.

A bad quill seat would not effect the other operations

17. bronco69

bronco69 Member

If you had read the entire forum you would see that I have the new style pa block and B&B posted a diagram that shows the drop adjustment on the pa block also known as a needle valve. That is what i am referring too.

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the drop speed screws out and check for any debris or damage.

Find it hard to believe you can't slow it down (stop it actually) with either one, so something has to be up there.

19. sconsinsmoker

sconsinsmoker Junior Member

Same Problem...please help

I have the same problem where the plow wont turn left. I tried new QC's, but it didn't work. Now I pulled the QC off of the pump and hit the left button and no oil shoots out. I think it should, so that must be my problem. Is it possible there is an internal blockage? Since left is default, and all other functions work fine, I don't know where to go from here. Please help!
    Thanks so much.
    Ben

20. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

B&B stole my thunder.... I was going to say "check the couplers" but after reading the posts, you did, and that was it. I had an E60 problem a few years ago and after looking into everything electrical, a new set of couplers did the trick. The center pin wasn't allowing fluid to flow both directions.

Good Luck!