1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E-60 rebuild.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tjctransport, Mar 3, 2009.

1. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the E-60 on my 02 superduty is starting to act up. one minute it will not lift the plow but 3-4 inches, next shot it will lift all the way up, or it will lift and then creep down to the point where i have to lift it again.

so it is time i think for a rebuild.

i have never had a Meyers pump apart.
    is there anything i should look out for, or is it pretty much a straight forward idiot proof job??

2. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

I did my E47 lift cylinder ram cup & seals in December...was quite easy actually. Needed to buy the minor kit (about $50) and took me about an hour to do...Download the shop manual from Meyer on the web...

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

ok, thanks. that is what i figured. i have used the E-47 pump, and have never had one break other than motors slowing down and needing replacement over the 36 years i have been using them.. i got a seal kit for it already, just waiting for it to warm up a bit before i take it apart.
    the heater in the garage broke in December, and i don't like the cold anymore.

4. ss70steve

ss70steve Junior Member
    from MA.

double check the oring behind the pump i went through the same thing