1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E-60 motor does not stop

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Tonyscoop1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Tonyscoop1

Tonyscoop1 Junior Member

I can't figure out what I did, I was having trouble raising the blade, the motor would run when I hit the up button on the touchpad, but the blade would not lift. So I checked the fluid, and it needed some. I then went in the house for about an hour to have a snack and when I came out and tried it , it went up and angled fine. So I went back out and plowed another couple hours and then out of nowhere the blade would not raise again. So I went back home and checked the fluid but it looked ok. I then thought I would check the bypass valve, and then I screwed up. I took the cap off and started to unscrew the valve and it was hard to unscrew, but I continued and BOING, it shot out, under major pressure all over the great outdoors, in 4 ft of snow. Needless to say I could not find all the parts, so I ordered a new bypass from the shop. I just got it in and put it in. Now the blade raises fine but the motor does not cycle off. And when you angle to the right, when you let go of the button on the pad, it comes back to the left. Any Help would be great. I am lost. The motor will go off when I turn the switch off, and stay off until I push one of the buttons again. Thanks, Tonyscoop1:cry:

2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Sounds like the solenoid under the hood is shot. Usually the culprit when the motor runs continuously and won't stop.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Defective touchpad. If it were the under hood solenoid it wouldn't stop running by simply turning the touchpad off.

4. Tonyscoop1

Tonyscoop1 Junior Member

Thanks B&B, Is there a way to test the touch pad? Tony.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When the motor sticks disconnect the TP. If it immediately stops, then the TP is defective. Pretty simple really.

6. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Good call B&B. Didn't think about the TP being bad...:salute: