1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E-47

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboyil, Apr 21, 2003.

1. lawnboyil

lawnboyil Junior Member

i looked through most of the meyers posts didnt find this one. a buddy bought a truck with a E-47 and the blade will rasie and angle fine but will not stay up. is it the hyd or is it electrical. any help would be nice before i buy it from him

2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

This has been discussed though I do not know which thread. It is most likely 1 of two things. First but least likely is that there is a short in the controller and power is being supplied constantly to the "A" coil. You can check with a test light. Just un hook the black wire from the pump. have your buddy hit the switches while you test for power at the black wire coming off the truck. IF you do AFTER your buddy has just tried to raise the plow, you have a short in the controller or harness.

Secondly and most likely. The O ring inside the pump at the base of the lift rod is bad. Easly replaced but you need some parts. A meyer repair manual can show you how to do it yourself and what parts you need. Good luck.
  3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Meyer Plow Drift Down

Alex you very well may have a bad cup on the bottom of the lift ram. But I would remove the "A" valve which controls the lowering of the cylinder, clean with WD-40 or Kerosene and carefully blow out with compressed air and check the o'rings on the valve stem for damage first before tearing into the unit. It doesn't take much crud to cause the valve to stick and not fully close allowing the cylinder to drift down. "Or" you you can check the unit with another valve should you have one available. It would be an easy "first thing" to check.
    :rolleyes: John
  4. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I just had one of mine repaired for the same reason, it was brand new too. The seals inside were leaking, had the whole piston assemble replaced
  5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I had the same problem with my E-47. it was the main seal on on the bottom of the pistant. once that seal goes bad then you should replace all of the seals. make sure that your fluid is good also. That could also be the problem.