1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers E 47 (valve)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bow2no1, Jan 9, 2011.

1. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i have a meyers e-47 that i have had out in the shop for a few years figured i would play with it today. the motor was stuck, but i was able to get it apart and working again.

my problembs are, that i didn't pay attention about the coils they look identical.
    and when i took the nut off one of the valves it twisted the threads off with it!

so i ahve to replace one of the valves, witch one is (A) and witch one is (B)
    from what i gather from the valves on ebay they are labled A and B?
  2. wva

wva Member

hi a valve is on the side b and c valve is on top of the pa block
  3. eriklane

eriklane Member

The A block is the black wire, B block is red wire, C block is green wire. B/C are the same size coils.
  4. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

ohh, i thought A and B where the same size.
    i need a A coil (the small one in the front) the wire is broke off.
  5. eriklane

eriklane Member

Coils etc

Yeah, A is in back, black wire, controls DROPPING the plow. B is in front, Red and controls LIFT. C is on top also behind B, controls Left/Right.

Simple stuff: Fluid 1 1/2" below top, clean filters, clean fluid, good seals. If you cannot determine if a valve is working, take a wire and fix it to your battery + and then touch the wire. You should hear a distinct CLICK. If not, it could be stuck or the coil (the electric part that makes the inside valve go up, opening the valve) could be bad.

To isolate a valve, take a KNOWN good solenoid and swap it (B or C are the same size so you can do this easily) and electrify and see what you get. If no click, bad valve.

To isolate a solenoid, take a KNOWN good valve an swap out solenoids. If click, old solenoid bad.

My situation was that I could manually turn my pump tang in the base and I'd hear leaking-turns out the coupler to the hose going to plow was bad...hence no pressure could build.

I got my unit from a free truck, turned out the pump had a lot of grime in it. BUT, the first time I tore it down, it didn't...so, it must have been in the lines. I did bleed them out but not enough I guess...lesson learned.