1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E-47 slow lift and angle

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bill_645, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Bill_645

Bill_645 Junior Member

Anybody else have this problem? When I first lift the blade, usually when its really cold, It lifts REALLY SLOW. I lift it a couple of times, and angle left and right a few times and it works fine there after. I have changed the fluid, use the meyers fluid. Is this a common problem, or is this somthing to keep an eye on?

By the way, I'm pulling out my broken pivot pins out tomorrow... wish me luck! I'll be using the big torch and the big hammer! I can't wait to tackle this job (yeah right)
  2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

does the motor have a seperate ground?
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

When you changed the fluid did you drain the angle rams too? Has it done this ever since you changed the fluid or did it start after you had pushed some snow? E-60, E-57 or E-47?
  4. Bill_645

Bill_645 Junior Member

Drained everything, Its done this the past 2 seasons even though I have changed the fluid. It only seems to do it when I first start up in the morning (usually when its 25 dgs. or colder). I lift the blade, angle it right and left a couple of times, drop it, lift it again, drop it and then lift it one more time. On the last lift it seems OK, and then I dont have any problems. Could it be that the fluid is just cold? I'm using the Meyers fluid.

Its not a real problem (yet), I'm wondering if its a symptom of a future problem.
  5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Bill sit outside over nite and see how stiff you are (LOL) yea its just cold fluid. After i start all my stuff i do a walk around raise and lower side to side push pull just to check the equipment so its normal for the meyers..
  6. Bill_645

Bill_645 Junior Member

Thanks for the replies everybody.
  7. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I still have 1 meyer on 1 of my plow trucks it is e-47 and i think it is rather slow but , i wouldnt worry to much.If your running meyer products and you hit your switch and it works feel real good about it.