1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers e 47 seems to be getting weaker ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ohio snowdog, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ohio snowdog

ohio snowdog Junior Member

Hi guys have a question. I have a meyers e 47 pump that seems to be losing its power to turn the blade with any force and speed. Blade lifts fine, little slow, but ok, but put a small load of snow in front and try to angle left or right, just seems like its lost the power to turn it. Changed fluid and filters 1 week ago. Can someone tell me what controls the angleing in the e 47's and is there anything I can do to help the speed and power ? Its used on a 7 1/2' poly blade. Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First thing to do is get a pressure gage on it and check the pump output psi, as it sound like the gear pump is a bit weak.. Should be capable of 1800 psi in full relief.

If the pump psi checks out good then the next step is an amp draw test on the motor.

3. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member