1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers e-47 plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lowflying90, Dec 20, 2010.

1. lowflying90

lowflying90 Junior Member

I have a meyers e-47 power angle plow i installed on my ford ranger dump truck. The plow is very frustrating. when i first start to run the truck, it will lift up and down angle left and right, etc. it will do this for 5-10 times (raise and drop). then the plow will not lift up or angle or do anything.

yesterday, when i would drop the plow, fluid was forced out the overflow/air valve/whatever it is called on top of the cylinder when i dropped the blade.

it seems like after you wait a while the plow will work again like normal for another 5-10 cycles.

could there be water/ ice in it?

clogged screens? I know i had similar issues with my compact backhoe when a wire mesh screen gets gummed up.

could this be a fluid problem?

i've watched the videos on how to flush the cylinders, etc. in the plow already.