1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers, e-47, piece of #$%^& plow,

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gseinc57, Mar 17, 2007.

1. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

Could one of you vetrans please tell me why my plow refuses to operate in the right or the left angle postion , and goes up only 2/3rds of the its normal height it usually does when ever the outside air temp gets above 50 degrees,, and as soon as the temp is below 45 or so for a few hours everything works great, as a matter of fact the colder it gets the better it works, and no I wont be plowing any snow in 50 degree wheather but I would like to change over to the storage fluid, so what I guess I will have to wait for a cold morning to have the plow fully operating in order to get the storage fluid in all the places it should be going , but I mean come on wont operate above 50 ,, ?? why ?, and this is not a fluke I have tested this therory at least 6 times, also if it sets in the sun for an hour at any temp above 38 the same thing happens, and if I move the plow to the shade in an hour or so it works just fine, I even called the dealer and he told me and I quote " meyers plows are finikey they do not like warm temps, if you want a plow that operates in warmer temps buy a boss. I mean come on something has to be a miss here wont operate in 50 degrees, does anybody have any idea's, or has anybody else had this problem.

cussing meyers in Idaho

2. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

I do not know anything about meyers plows(have fisher) But that is got to be the flipping stupidest thing I have ever heard ! Plow will not work in warm weather ,"buy a boss if you want the plow to work in warm weather"?? WTF. Do you have any other dealers in your area that you can got to? Even if you got to drive a little bit? Because comments like that make me belive the dealer you are talking to dosent have a flipping clue. Just my opinion.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The first thing you need to do to diagnosis this problem is to get a pressure gage on the pump and check the pump output pressure when it's working ok AND when it won't lift or angle. If the pressure changes, then either the pump gears are worn or the pressure relief valve is malfunctioning and both issues can be caused by the temp of the fluid.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Will it lift all the way with out the plow attached?

5. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

gseinc57

I do not know I have not tried that, I was looking for a plausable reason that makes sense in theory as to why its fine below 40 degrees and does not angle at all above 40, what ever the cause is its common to both the left and right as well as up and down its just that the up is not affected as much , if I continue to operate the plow up and down while this problem is happening then, it goes up less and less height each time it is cycled, and it sounds like the motor is turning slower while it is doing this, verses what the motor sounds like when it is operating the way it should.

6. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Well there goes my theory, I was going to say check the amount of fluid. But if it was low the pump would run faster not slower. Iv'e had problems with mine but it's from to cold (freeze-up).