1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E-46

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by skyhigh1, Jan 1, 2011.

1. skyhigh1

skyhigh1 Junior Member

Hello,
    I have never had problem with my unit before till now.. This year on our first snow it started lifting the blade really slowly i had already flushed pump and checked filter and made sure it had the meyers fluid in the unit. I then went plowing and hit a speed bump in a apartment complex i was working with blade up... the blade fell to the ground and the unit wouldnt lift up i had to chain it up to get it home... it wont lift the plow but if i unhook the chain the lift ran lifts all the way up but i can take my hand and push the ram back down... I figured it blew out a seal with the bouncing or does this sound like a weak pump.. I appreciate all the help you can provide. Thanks

2. wva

wva Member

:waving:
    sounds like the seals on the bottom of the ram a basic seal kit should fix it maybe b&b will chime in or some of the other meyer pros on here hope this helps happy new year:waving:

3. skyhigh1

skyhigh1 Junior Member

WVA...... thanks for your response I just got a seal kit from mill supply... I will probably get on that tomorrow.. I appreciate it.

4. wva

wva Member

:waving:
    glad to help I put one in my e60 last summer with help from this forum :waving:

5. skyhigh1

skyhigh1 Junior Member

i changed seals now the lift ram wont even lift up... Anymore suggestions ??? Could it be cause the pump is weak? I wonder if it has a pump shaft that could have been broken.. all my plow does is up and down so should be something simple.

6. skyhigh1

skyhigh1 Junior Member

is there a test i can perform to see if my pump is working?

7. wva

wva Member

you can put a psi guage on it not sure with no pa hoses there is a psi relief valve on the lower back side meyer site has a tech support section :waving: smithbrossevice.com has alot of great info:waving:

8. skyhigh1

skyhigh1 Junior Member

I tested the magnetism on the a valve and coil nothing there and also when i took it out and the a valve was in pieces i forgot that i had the switch locked in the up position to lift the blade and it squirted out all kinds of fluid so i guess the pumps working must be the a valve and coil I have replaced and checked everything else.