1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Drive Pro

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by calc41, Nov 21, 2013.

1. calc41

calc41 Member

I'm thinking of getting a Meyers Drive Pro for my 2002 Ford Ranger. Does anyone have any experience with this plow? I was thinking of a Sno Way but it's $1000 more than the Meyers. Thanks
  2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

the Drive Pro 6'8" would be perfect for your Ranger. I run them on my wranglers. 2 of my good friends have them on a Ford Ranger, and a Toyota Tacoma.... they also love them.
  3. calc41

calc41 Member

Thanks for the info,
    I've always used Meyer plows & I like the looks of the Drive Pro. I thought about a Sno Way but it's $1000 more than the drive pro. Cal
  4. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Owning a Meyer, I have had good results but it does not backdrag well leaving me to shovel in front of garages a bit... Spend the cash and stay warm! And DRY!
  5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

my 6'8" drive pro on my 02 Jeep Liberty plows great, and backdrags great.

It's currently got an E58H on it, but I will be disassembling that pump and putting the valve block on an E60H base to get an E61H...a bit faster, and a better drop rate.

The main reason for the E61H upgrade is an added inch in height with that base....I could use another inch in lift while driving, and the ability for the lift ram to drop completely (lift arm binds 1" before complete drop) to protect the sealing surface against corrosion.

Wouldn't have any other brand of plow.
  6. calc41

calc41 Member

Got the new plow yesterday, We had about 3" of snow so I got to try it out a little. My old truck had a E47 n it & this one has a E58. It's a lot faster & seems to do a good job for the little that I used it. I'm actually looking for some more snow.