1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers diamond sander question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ramdieselsmoke, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ramdieselsmoke

ramdieselsmoke Member

i just bought a used meyers diamond sander with the tecumsa 10hp motor, when i turn the spinner on and when the chain convayer goes around at a certain point makes clunking noise like the chain is having a hard time making the turn around the sprocket. it doesnt bind up just makes a clunk is this normal ive been greasing it with wd40 and some other oil i have, the sander is a 2006 but last season the guy let sand sit in it and when i got it it was all frozen with snow inside but i got it to spin freely the chain is rusty but deffinatly isnt rotten or broken. this is my 1st sander so im not sure maybe they make some noise when the chain goes around,but its almost loud enough to not be normal. how should i oil the chain and what type of oil should i use? i also noiticed i can take the guard off on the inside of the sander to expose the chain but i rather not get involved with that at this point if i dont have 2.thanks