1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers diamond plow e47 only turns one way

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by drewberryfresh, Dec 20, 2014.

1. drewberryfresh

drewberryfresh Junior Member
    from ct

just bought a 2000 silverado 2500hd with a meyers diamond plow as a first plow truck for a company im just starting out and the plow only turns left.... the c coil has been replaced.... when i reversed the hoses it will only turn right... hoses? bad control in the cab?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check for magnetism at C valve when someone try to move plow right. Hint unhook motor wires so plow doesn't move. No magnetism use test light to check for power at c coil, green wire. If you have power replace coil, no power have to check connections, wiring and control.

Another quick test is to swap the red and green wires at the pump. press up on control, does it go right?

3. drewberryfresh

from ct

i switched the red and green wires and still went left.... but when i switch the hoses it goes right even when i press left that normal?

4. kimber750

Did you check for magnetism and power at C coil? Most likely you are gonna need a C valve.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

C coils don't fail as often as the valve. You probably need a new C valve. If this is a new unit to you I suggest having a pro check it out and make sure the crossover relief is functioning properly. It requires a test bench and gages to set it correctly.

6. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I also like when i service all my plows to disconnect the lines, put them in a bucket. Jack up the plow and move left and right. This flushes the rams, checks rams for binding and check a-frame and quad for bidding. Out of 120 plows I service it has worked great. Found one bent ram that I wouldn't have found, the pump pushed it through it's cycle, but manually it bound up.

7. drewberryfresh

from ct

ok so i thought it was e47... it wasnt it was a e60h.... thats what i get for trusting a person i sent to check lol.... anyway so i checked for power, theres power... took the coil off and swapped it for the old one, same outcome no right... i took off the red wire and then it would only go left.... as i was looking at the coil the new one the guy i bought the truck from put on doesnt go flush with the box the coils sit on but the b coil does... ill try to post the pic... also i dropped the blade and pushed the pump all the way down and the quick disconnects came off nice than i swapped the hoses and turned it right(only goes right after the switching of the hoses) and the disconnect on the passenger side was a nightmare to come off so i got it off, switched it back... so new questions

causes i can think of i didnt try yet

low oil?
    clogged oil lines?
    the block the coils sit on (pa block? or some different wording?)

8. drewberryfresh

from ct

pics

see how one coil doesnt drop all the way down?

20141226_171920.jpg

20141226_171915.jpg

9. kimber750

Need C valve, not the coil. 9 out of ten times C valve is reason for no right.

10. drewberryfresh

from ct

so if you all can see the c coil cap i guess you can call it how come it looks to be not sitting down all the way to the pa block?

11. kimber750

Aftermarket coil would be my guess. Doesn't matter since the coil grounds at the screw on top anyway.

12. drewberryfresh

from ct

So if that nut on top of the coil if its rusty it wouldn't work?

13. kimber750

This is why you check for magnetism. If you have power and magnetism at c coil it is time to replace the c valve.