1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Conversion?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by misanthrope, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Hey all I a newbie to the snow plow biz. BTW Great Site. Question... I just bought a meyers 7.5 Old school( perminent mount)
    Got it for $700, the guy only used it on his 100ft driveway. Anyway... Is it possable to convert it to a min mount? If so do you think it's worth it? The bumper sticks out to far. Any ideas?
    Rich

2. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

I am just completing swapping my meyers plow from a 1990 ford f250 to a 2003 ford f250 and switched the mount from the perminent to the ez mount has cost me about $850 and alot of work I think it was worth it. better than the $3500 or so for a new one. www.millsupply.com was a big help and this site was for my lighting.

3. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Rich, Like Dan725 said, it is possible. The question is. What year is the truck you are putting this on? As long as Meyer makes a EZ Mount for that year, you're golden. IF NOT. Then you can still do it. You will just have to re-work a new mount to fit. Meyers are one of the easiest to make fit any application. All you have to do is make sure the push beam is the correct height and make your own frame mounts. Good Luck.

4. Opps forgot to list what i have.... 1990 K5 Blazer 1500 Meyers ST90 e47 pump. Did the new mount bolt anywhere near the old mounts holes in the frame? I would assume that it bolts to the front. It was hard enough putting the old frame on.... the new style difficult to put on? Did you have to replace the A frame? Also what pump do you have?
    Thanks for the fast response Guys!

5. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

New mount is pretty easy to put on. YOu can do it. You can most likely keep your using your old A-Frame. We use both E-47 and E-60s.

6. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

This was my first install on the new truck so I had to drill 4 holes into the frame but other than that it was very easy I have an E47 pump but either work with the EZ mount lift frame. I didn't need to change the A-frame my old one matched right up. I also e-mailed meyers support and they gave me the exact part numbers to order for the lift frame and mounting carton. good luck let me know how it comes out or if you have any other questions.

7. long0

long0 Senior Member

On the EZ mount system, the undercarriage is mounted closer to the front of the vehicle than the old system. If you use your old A-frame, the plow will be hanging further off the front of the vehicle.

I found this out a couple of years ago, when installing a new EZ mount A-Frame on a permanent mount system. At full angle, the blade would contact the front bumper of the truck.

Andy

8. Sweet thanks for the input guys I'm sure that if i invest in making it a quick mount I will be able to get my money back if i sell it. I priced it out and It comes to $800 or so.
    Now all we need is the snow!

9. New mount Installed

Ordered and installed new lift frame and carton. I didn't have to drill holes either. A frame sit's out pretty far. Anyone have any issues with it?

10. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Did a conversion 2 years ago on 86 k20. Has worked great, even more room to get mounting pins in than on newer trucks...Chuck

11. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I 've got 2 plows that I have had hooked up to a new EZMount, yes the old A frame sticks out farther, but no big deal. Truck is a 95 Ford F150 with a 4" lift. The A frame is modified to get the correct angle on the plow. At a $125 for a new A frame, to me it isn't worth it. It just makes the whole rig a little longer and in the shopping centers, you take up part of the parking spot behind you. I just park further out in the lot, that way I don't piss anyone off, and I don't want my doors banged anyway. As having owned multi Corvetts, I'm used to parking further out in the lot anyway.

12. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Do you have any pics to post. I'm trying to get ideas myself.

13. Pics

I can snap some tonight.

14. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Thanks. I can probably grab a meyers plow off an old dodge for 250 at the junk yard.
    The other option is to grab a 7 1/2 ft plow used for a 1000, and try to retrofit it to my truck. I priced a meyers ezmount bracket (mounting to vehicle frame) for about 325. I also went to a shop that fabbed some brackets to mount a 7.5 ofn an explorer but i felt like the guy was trying to hustle me. Any how, I know it can be done, just need pics and ideas to get started before the snow season is over.

15. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

No matter what you get a plow off of, as long as it has the standard A frame, it will hook up to the new mount. Check out some of you local dealers, they might have a used frame mount and a used EZ mount.

16. F#$%

I was browsing e-bay and i had a seizure. there's a carton for a Chevy....starting bid $1 I just paid f'in $460!!!!! from Mill supply. I hate that! :realmad: Anyway i will try to post the pics tonight.