1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers C-valve removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by redvetracr, Feb 1, 2002.

1. redvetracr

redvetracr Junior Member
    from WI

Believe it or not the nut on the solenoid came right off, but there is NO hex for a wrench or socket only a round disc slightly smaller than the solenoid.This is the Meyers E-47 I have had it (with no problems till now) for something like 17 years. What next?? and as always thanks in advance!! HN

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

redvetracr,

Just for your refernce, if you need to post about the same thing you need to talk about, post a reply in the previous thread. Don't start a new thread. To post a reply, click on "Post Reply" on below right corner of the post. Doing so will save a little space in this site. Also it saves time and make easier for us to read and learn about your problem and then be able to post a solution to your problem. Because if you start three different threads about the same thing you are talking about, it just make it harder for us to help you. It is easier when you have it all together for us so we can try to figure out a better solution to your problem.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would:

drain the fluid.
    remove all the coils.
    remove the valves. there will be a flat spot to put a wrench on.
    clean the whole system and replace fluid.

4. redvetracr

redvetracr Junior Member
    from WI

ct18fireman,
    I pulled the C-coil (the nut came right off) and there is no flat, it round, this pump is at least 17 years old. I have seen the meyer valves and somewhere along the line they changed them. thanks, HN

5. redvetracr

redvetracr Junior Member
    from WI

CT18fireman,
    After looking at the pic on "angelos-supply" web site i will take another look for the flats BUT if it`s supposed to look like a hex it doesn`t. HN

6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

redvetracr. If you haven't figured it out yet, what you found "stuck" over the hex or flats on the cartridge valve is the base ring for the coil. Carefully use a pair of pliers on the "ring only" and try to remove the whole valve if you can and then tap the ring off afterwards from the bottom with a small punch. If not use a small screwdriver to get under the edge of the ring and pry up and work it off that way. Clean up the inside and reinstall it back into the bottom of the coil before reinstalling back on the valve.

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Yes Meyer did change the design of the valves. They are interchangable with the old style and the new style. The old ones you have to remove the B valve (red) in order to be able to get a wrench on the C valve. The new style lets you put a deep soclet over it and turn it off. You may also have to remove the smaller 11/16? bolt to the side of the valves in order to get the wrench on.