1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers "C" Valve Blown Again?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by wsmm, Feb 21, 2011.

1. wsmm

wsmm Member

I think my "C" valve maybe gone again. We had warm weather, which resulted in a partial thaw and then 8" of snow. Was plowing my dirt drive when my plow dug in and brought the truck to a quick stop. No real warning, happened quick. Now my plow will lift and lower fine but will only angle left, no right angle. It seems like this happens every time we get a thaw and then snow right after.

Is there any other manufacturer that has less of a problem with this. If not is there a good solution, as this "C" valve is NOT inexpensive. This is probably my third "C" valve and I've also replaced the crossover valve once. This is the first time it went on me, the other times it happened when my brother in law was using my rig.

Also does any one have a good place to buy Meyers parts that has good prices and reasonable shipping.

Right now, I'm fitting to get the coupler on the extended ram to disconnect, it appears to be stuck tight. Figure if I can get it loose I'll connect the two cylinders together and straighten the blade and then use my angle pin on the blade until I can get a new "C" valve or determine what the problem is.