1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers blows internal breaker help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by carrfixr, Feb 19, 2009.

1. carrfixr

carrfixr Junior Member

i have a meyers e-57 with diamond touch pad. when i lower it intermittently the internal controller breaker blows. this happens most of the time but not everytime. i tried 3 different controllers, running a new wire from the A coil to the controller eliminating a bad wire in the harness, with the same results. if i unplug the A coil and try to lower it blows even faster than being hooked up. does anyone think the coil is bad even though it still blows after its unplugged at the coil?? any help would be greatly appreciated all other plow functions are normal

thanks in advance for any input
    mitch (mitch's auto service)
  2. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I'm no pro but it sounds odd to me that it would blow when you lower it. How old is your starter solenoid? I recently had a problem where the plow would work intermittently and then the red light on the tough pad would turn on and the plow would be dead. Turned out it was the starter solenoid under the hood. Replaced and it's worked great ever since. FWIW I went with a Fisher starter solenoid ($12) and it's top shelf.
  3. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

It sounds like a bad A-coil.
  4. carrfixr

carrfixr Junior Member

thanks for the help it turned out to be the a coil.