1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers angle troubles?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 97S104x4, Oct 28, 2011.

1. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

so i got my plow and pump on my truck today, its an E47 pump with a 6.5 ft plow.
    both pistons push out when not connected to the plow but when they are on the plow it has trouble going right and left. i have no idea where to start, its just getting on my nerves every year i go through this and i already paid someone to fix the angling issues last year and they did. the pump has enough pressure to angle them left or right and it picks it up quick. it seems like the pressure is not being let off each of the pistons or the fluid is not being able to go in between the pistons

any ideas?

2. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

How old are the couplers on the hoses? Ball type or pin type? With the plow off the truck can you manually move the A frame left/right?

3. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

couplers on the hoses are a few years old they are ball couplers. with the plow off the truck i cant turn it side to side because there is still pressure in the pistons, with both pistons off it moves perfect.

the driver side piston pushes out but the passenger side piston wont go in and the passenger side piston is not pushing out

4. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

would bad couplers allow fluid to go into the pistons but not allow it to come back out back into the pump?

5. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Yes the couplers would cause that-had it happen last year on one of our trucks. Some folks say the ball type couplers are no good and to only use the pin type. Ive used both but never had the pin type go bad-then again I change them every two years. If you lay the mold board on its face and hook the angle cylinder hoses together you should be able to swing the a frame back and forth.

6. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

first thing you need to do is change your couplers to the pin type. then report back. ussmileyflag

7. Capodosto

Capodosto Member

Ball type connectors

I understand that the ball type connectors turn into check valves when they fail, which would explain your problem perfectly.

8. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Better pickup a new c-valve as a spare, also your controller could be going bad. Like everyone has told you, replace all of the couplers first and then let us know what happens.