1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers and western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rfed32, Dec 4, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

hey question i have a unimount set up on my truck and my blade got bent and aframe snaped in the one spot for the 3rd time welds wont hold...so i was wonderin if i threw my pump and light stand un the truck could i hook up a meyers blade to it a buddy has one sittin in his shop that he is no longer usin but its a 45min drive and i figured id ask first b4 i made the drive and its startin to snow....the want almost a grand for new plade and aframe so please help me its about to snow..............HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not as a direct bolt on but doing some fabrication work would allow you to use it.. If you take the lift frame off your Uni, there won't be any way to connect it at the bottom since the Meyer won't have the attaching tabs on the back of the A-frame for it...

The attaching ears on the Meyer blade won't have the same spacing or pin diameter as your Uni's undercarriage either..

If you cut all 6 of the tabs off the back of your Uni's A-frame and added them to the Meyer, then yes it would work.

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Sounds like alotta work....

Would it just be easier to maybe add some gussets and beef up the a-frame? Are you sure you're turning the volts up on the welder? Lol

Where exactly is the a frame broke at?

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I do not post here much, but I am with Blade. I have been fixing and welding plow stuff for years and I seen some pretty bad wrecks, cracks, broken cartons..etc. I usually would "fish plate" or gusset the broken piece that Blade states. There has been times where I would make parts on the Bridgeport Mill as well. I wouls say fix what you have.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

thanks for the help sellin the unimount stuff to a local guy prob not gonna use the truck the rest of the winter jst bought a psuher for the skidsteer so maybe next year ill pick up somehting new...thanks