1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers always hangs left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by to_buy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

What am i missing?:confused: Almost all my Meyers plows have trouble angling right, I replace the Green cartridge assembly and that solves it for now.
    What is going on, The are all E-47 and E-57 pumps

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Usually it's due to the C valve swelling up do to the hydraulic force that back up through the system when an obstacle is struck with the blade..The crossover valve is supposed to release the pressure when this occur but they're undersized for the job and can't release enough of the pressure. It usually takes a few good hits to swell it up enough to stick the spool inside the valve, but it's just a matter of time before they do...very common problem. Theirs really no way to prevent it either, as the crossover is just too small for the application IMO.

3. EEI TRUCK EQUIP

EEI TRUCK EQUIP Junior Member

Agreed Usually The C Valve But Sometimes Mismatched Or Old Couplers Cause The Problem Also To Much Pressure Pushes Them Far Enough Apart And They Will Seal Themselves Off