1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer won't angle

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by long0, Sep 18, 2002.

1. long0

long0 Senior Member

I pulled all equipment out of the shop today to go through it for the upcomming snow. Going through everything, I have one meyers 7' that will not angle. I removed the lines from the rams, and figured I could at least move it my hand. Nope, I got out the tractor (small JD4300) and pushed on the a-frame, still nothing. Am I due for new rams, or does anybody have any ideas?

This is a backup, so I can get away with it for a while. Any help greatly appriciated.

Andy

Just looked outside, it's snowing. :D
    Maybe the forecasters are finally learing to do there job!!

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Remove the rams and see if it moves. If not, then try the tractor again, it's rusted. Once loose, replace the king bolt that holds the sector to the A frame.

If it moves with the rams removed without the tractor, the rams (or one of them) is rusted inside. Rams are cheap enough from Northern, so get a pair.

~Chuck

3. long0

long0 Senior Member

Thanks Chuck

I pulled off both rams this morning. They are locked up very tight. The only way I could get either one of them to move was to set them up in a press. In the end, they ended up in the dumpster. The Northern you mention, is the Northern tools? Thanks for your reply.

By the way, I had 4" at my house this morning. Nothing in town, but it is comming!
    :drinkup:

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Yep, Northern Tool. Used to be Northern Hydraulics.

~Chuck