1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Wiring/ Traction control

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BGcontracting, Nov 10, 2013.

1. BGcontracting

BGcontracting Junior Member

I have tried to search this but have failed to find anyone with the same issue. I have a meyer super v2 with a v70 pump on a 2012 gmc 2500 denali. ONLY when I am driving and moving the plow in any direction the Traction control light turns on and the radio stops working for a second or two. This will be the second year on the truck and the setup is exactly the same as last year. The voltage always stays over 13 volts when in motion. I can move the plow all day long when I am not moving with no issue. As soon as the wheels turn and move the plow that's when the issue occurs. It has to be plow related because the truck is fine without the plow on and when the plow is not moving while driving. Also when it does this, the solenoid clicks off for a second along with everything else. I have moved the fuse for the touchpad to different locations and it doesn't make a difference. Thank you for any feedback.

2. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

I remember reading a tsb about this problem on some chevy and gmc trucks.
    Try calling your local gm dealer,I know the techs at our local chevy dealership were adding a relay and or diode to prevent this from happening.