1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Vs. Boss

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 02DURAMAX, Feb 19, 2008.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zvcs5W417x4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zvcs5W417x4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  2. Snow1

Snow1 Junior Member
    from 11021

LOL At least it'll save you 7 seconds when you drop it in front of the dealers door cuz it won't angle or the controller kicked the bucket.
  3. 02DURAMAX

i dont like meyer but its funny
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

9 seconds shouldn't sway anyone to buy a plow...meyer shouldn't sway anyone to buy a plow, the meyer problems on this site speak for the plows themselves.
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

8 Seconds to hook up, will take about 8 seconds to figure out that the Meyer plow is a turd too. :D
  6. 02DURAMAX

Bump for this video...LOL
  7. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

:laughing:I can't believe:laughing:they're even:laughing:trying to compare:laughing:
  8. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

:realmad:can't see it....
  9. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Thats a funny video...in my opinion, if anybody is swayed towards buying a particular plow due to 9 seconds, then they are dumb. Who can complain if it takes under a minute to mount or dismount the plow?
  10. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

but better IS better. would you disagree?
  11. born2farm

Well so you are saying if I cant get a plow that mounts in 8 seconds, that it is the best plow on the market?
  12. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

that would be as ignorant as saying that just because a plow is red it will suit everyones needs.
  13. born2farm

Well i never said that. All I am saying is, if you go to look at two seperate plows, you shouldnt base your buying decision on which one mounts faster
  14. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

mounting faster and easier would definitely be a plus. stronger moldboard would be a plus. long lasting finish would be a plus. super awesome dealer would be a plus. interchangeability would be a plus. your favorite color would be a plus...I don't think the commercial was meant to say that a quicker hitch made the plow the best. but surely we could all agree that standing on our heads and trying to line up 2 pins in the freezing cold is NOT better than any of the newer style quick hitch setups. I would absolutely base a PART of my decision on a quicker mount.
  15. born2farm

well i can tell already that this is a color battle. you obviously like your yellow plows, and i am somewhat biased to boss after my family switched to them from meyers. so to each his own.
  16. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I think it is funny it took him twice as long to get it off than it did to get it on. Also, I dont really care how long it takes to mount it as long as it is less than 5 minutes. I have never been in such a hurry that I really needed to save 8 seconds
  17. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

for what its worth............ what was that guy doing when he was taking his boss off????
    i have the same plow and it dosent take that long to get it off of the truck. Also why a woman for team meyers? " so easy a woman could do it?" better yet only women plow with meyers. How a company could release something so dumb is beyond me.
  18. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

It's called Marketing they need sales....!
  19. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I think Meyer rigged the outcome, I can put my Boss V on the truck in 30 seconds (i was timed) and remove it in the same time.
  20. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

lol, i took "it doesnt take a big burly guy to make it work." away from it. I too was wondering what the dude on the boss was doing that took so long. Man I coulda disconnected my ez classic in that amount of time.