1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Vplow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JDH1, Mar 2, 2003.

1. JDH1

JDH1 Junior Member
    from indiana

Is anybody using thee Meyer Vplow? Was andering if anybodys is using them and what they feel about them, havenot seen one yet out on the road around here. Thanks

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

3. JDH1

JDH1 Junior Member
    from indiana

ecuse me but i am not new to these sites. And yes i did a search, and nothing came up on Meyer Vplow.

4. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

5. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

If you search using "Meyer V plow" you get too many threads to wade through--587 I think.

If you search for "Meyer Vector" in snow plowing discussion you get three threads.

Must be some bad Karma about those plows--even the discussions about them in the other threads are rather more contentious than PlowSite is used to seeing....

6. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

I wouldn't know, I would try my best to "NOT" buy a Meyers product. I have passed some good deals up, so that goes to show how much I don't want them.

7. Chuck Smith

from NJ

8. cbr954plower

cbr954plower Junior Member

I have been on this site for many years and I am just a reader, with very few posts....
    Part of the reason that I avoid writing on here is the "Good Ole Boy" behavior..... This guy came on the site to receive some information and not harassment....

Come on give me a break and help the guy on how to achieve receiving the information, instead of treating him like a red headed step child.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2003
  9. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Mine read much different, untill I read this below, right before I went to submit the post.....

10. Chuck Smith

from NJ

cbr, the search feature is there to eliminate the same topics from coming up over and over. I know it does happen often, and in many cases it is good to get opinions from newer members since the old threads have faded away.

Since this was JD's first post, I assumed he did not know about the search feature, or chose to ignore it. If he started his question (like many other Members both new and old) with "I tried the search feature, and could not find what I was looking for....." He would have just gotten the list of links I posted with a "hope it helps".

New Members not using the search feature has brought up many heated debates in the past, all of them go off topic of the original question pretty quickly.

I have no problem with someone starting a new topic that has been discussed 20 times already, as long as they make it known that they have read some of those other threads on the topic.

Coming on and asking a question that has been discussed many times before, without the new Member mentioning that they have used the search feature makes the new Member appear lazy.

Case in point, SGF found a thread in "9 minutes" and I found 3 in 10 minutes.

~Chuck

11. cbr954plower

cbr954plower Junior Member

Point taken,

But I would hope we make everyone feel welcome..... the way it should be. He is new, guide him the right direction and help him with what he wants.....

When you read the posts after his original they seem sarcastic and disengenuine.... So as I said earlier open arm welcome to all.

12. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Actually I was trying to be helpful in pointing out that there were an awful lot of threads returned by searching one set of keywords, but a different set of keywords produced a managable result.

If I came off as sarcastice, I apologize.

(I can be *a lot* more sarcastice than that...) ;)

Welcome to PlowSite, one and all. :drinkup: