1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer VLD

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Masonssr, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

Tomorrow having a 7.6 VLD put on a 2015 Toyota Tundra. Anyone plowed with the VLD, did you get the shoes, or do you think we need them? They are over $300.00 extra. This is my first with a V.

Thanks for any help. Thumbs Up
  2. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

Timbrens & Lift Kit

Dealer called, plow is on, timbrens are on. Now he says may need a lift kit because it's low in the front,maybe some weight in the bed will work. So my question is....do I need both timbrens and the lift kit ? Would it work with just the lift kit ? :confused:
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Most of the time a leveling kit is enough.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Go with Bilstien 5100 series coil overs. They will give you an extra 2.5". You would have been fine with out Timbrens since the VLD is so light. My 8' HD Fisher weighs a lot more and my truck doesn't even ride on the Timbrens.
  5. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

^^ yup. or if you don't want to replace the front struts, get a leveling kit (spacers) to get that little bit of extra height.

got my super-v ld last year and it was awesome. gonna put it to work tonight and tomorrow, got some snow coming today.