1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer V plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sk8boss, Feb 9, 2003.

1. sk8boss

sk8boss Junior Member
    from PA

I have a meyer plow, (straight). I would like to get the V plow. How similar is the hookup? Are they both totally different? I know the control pad would be different, but on meyers web site they only offer 2 different hookups. Anybody know?? Thanks

2. long0

long0 Senior Member

The frame on your truck will work. The A-Frame on 99% of the meyer plows are 23.5" from center of ear to ear.

Do a search on here to find out if you really want to buy a meyer V-Plow.

Andy

3. sk8boss

sk8boss Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks for the help. I hope that doesnt mean that the V plows are no good. My buddy that I plow with has a boss V plow. For the lots we do a straight plow is almost double the work. I will look into though. Thanks again

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

There has been a lot of discussion about the Meyer V plows before. A search will find you a lot of answers and opinions.
    They were recalled their first year into the bus., too weak.
    I thought I remember seeing a post last week or the week before about someone not being able to get one this year from their dealer because of constant problems, I may be wrong...but check it out, no matter what plow, it's a big investment

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

It will pin right to your truck, but a new hydro pump is needed. They are not in the same class as boss or Western/fisher v plows. Or even hiniker for that matter. If you really want one, good luck, but IMO just install some wings, that should cut your plowing time way down.
    Dino

6. sk8boss

sk8boss Junior Member
    from PA

You guys are great! I spent all day Sunday looking for info about the V plow. I learned more info with this post then I did all day searching web sites. Thanks again for all your help! This is a really great site.:drinkup: see ya in the snow

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Do yourself a big favor,just buy a Boss. Its one fast V plow ,As you already know.Top it off with a Urethane edge,and your set.Its not cheap up front,but its reliable,and will save you so much time,it will pay for itself.I have 2 v's now,only regret is didnt buy one sooner.

8. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Not sure if you came across this thread in you research so here it is. In this thread you'll find the opinion of the only member that admits to owning a Meyer V and what he thinks of it. Again, like Dino said the Meyer V is really in a class by itself (in a bad way).

9. sk8boss

sk8boss Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks for the link. I was searching but came up empty. Just out of curiosity I stopped to day to get some info from a local dealer. It works out to $3400.00 if I buy the parts I need, and $4200.00 for a complete setup. I think I am gonna lean towards an 8.2 Boss. It might not be this season, but for next season. For now I am gonna just try to find a pair of wings on ebay to speed things up.

10. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Good call to stay away from the Meyer V and to go with a Boss instead.