1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer V Plow questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Northman, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

I just looked at a truck this weekend with a Meyer V plow.

Would you guys please inform me of the good and bad of the Meyer V plow please. Do you like them, hate them, expensive to get parts for, the ins and outs. Let it rip.

The only V plows I know of in my area is the Boss ones even though there is a Meyer dealer 4 miles from me.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm as anti Meyer as it gets, so I'll try to be unbiased. I really don't like them, although they've come a long way by introducing the new v-plow. One nice feature is the shake to clean it off. Kindof useless, but neat. My buddie had one come in his shop 2 different times for the same thing, wouldn't lift. The guy is on his 3rd controller. He did figure out a way to get it up for the guy in an emergency though. Hit shake, and it raises slightly everytime, enough to limp it home without having to short chain. I don't know, I reeeallly don't care for Meyer. We make fun of them around here.
  3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Meyer V. Had the older model withspring return. Only problem was the gasket for the electrical motor, it allowed the salt in. The dealer replaced the next season under warranty. I sold that one, and bought a new Meyer V with power return. No problems with it (so far) Im very happy with the Meyer plow Ive had over the years.