1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer v plow controller fried

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rocklandls, Feb 26, 2014.

1. rocklandls

rocklandls Junior Member

Today i bought a used V68 v plow. I was running a C8. I had to buy the universal harness. After i wired everything up, i smelled something burning and i unplugged everything. My pistol grip controller was fired..any thoughts why? Looking back at some other instructions, i never installed the diode from the white wire to ground. Could this have caused the controller to blow up? Thanks!
  2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

rocklandls..... yep, you hit the nail on the head. you MUST hook up the diode, from the signal terminal on the solenoid to a ground, easiest way just connect it to the "I" terminal on the solenoid. Also, make sure you run a good ground to the "I" terminal on that solenoid. That prevents any power going through the white wire back to the controller and frying it. ussmileyflag