1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer unit rebuild south shore MA?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Luppy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Can anyone point me to someone who rebuilds meyer hydraulic units in my area? I'm on the South Shore in the Canton/Stoughton area. I know I can ship it to Angelos and various places but trying to avoid shipping fees and such. Thank you in advance for any info provided.
  2. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

Did you tey to get on the meyer website and lok fr the distributors?
  3. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Yes I did. Only one distributor near me and their
    prices for everything are a big rip off.
    Will probably ship it to Angelos if a better option
    doesn't come along.
  4. ss70steve

ss70steve Junior Member
    from MA.

the units are not that hard to rebuild you could do it yourself if you got the parts i rebuilt mine
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I have quite a few of these pumps serviced and rebuilt each season, I use Smith Bros in NJ. A pump typically runs $20 to ship each way and 7-10 day turn around time. Chuck is a good guy and runs an honest shop,, I highly recommend him.
  6. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I second Chuck....had been around Meyer for many years.
    Will NOT rip you off.
  7. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Thank you for the recommendation guys. Nascar do they have a web site and do you have the link? I googled Smith Bros in NJ but came up with nada. Much appreciated!
  8. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

9. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

I think i met them one time at a meyers plow function seemed to be good guys. Didn't they have there own custom wings they made or was that someone else over that way.