1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer trucklites not working

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jondoom, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jondoom

jondoom Junior Member
    from NJ

Hi all, I have a 1991 k5 Blazer that I plow with. I've never bothered hooking up the Trucklites I had on the frame until today. I have the 12 pin harness/switch and I have pigtails and adapters for my headlights. Everything is hooked up except the marker/turn signal (yellow wire that I'm unsure how to hook up) and I've got a good ground, BUT when the adapters are plugged in neither my headlights, markers, or Trucklites work. The tail lamps work and the fog lights so I'm really confused. Do I have to have the marker lamps wired to the trucklites in order for everything to work?

Here's a photo of the truck
    [​IMG]

Note, this is before I ran all the wires correctly.

2. jondoom

jondoom Junior Member
    from NJ

I don't like to double post, but I got the trucklites working, HOWEVER, I've encountered a new problem. My high beams and low beams are now both on at the same time. Is there a way to address this?

3. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Where did you get the 12 pin harness ? Did it come with the lights ? I gotta do a little diging on that harness. I;ve always just hooked that style light up the old fashioned way, without the fancy harness.

I will look through my documents and see if I can find a wiring diagram to help you.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

you can get a full wiring diagram for it off the meyers site

5. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Hey Jondoom

On the back of the plow light switch is there 12 pronges or 6 ?

6. jondoom

jondoom Junior Member
    from NJ

Well I have everything "somewhat" working now. It's 12 prong for sure with the adapter. It was actually wired and ready all I had to do was replace the adapter. But I've run into a different problem, even with a good ground, and I think the cause might be the switch or that I have the adapters plugged in wrong. My headlights are ALL on and dim, and when I switch to the plow lights, they're also very dim. I called Truck Lite and they just said it could be the switch or a bad ground. I got a multimeter and tested my ground and it's fine, so it must be the switch or a bad wiring job by me.

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

dim lights are usually a sign of bad ground...use a jumper wire and add a good ground see if it improves....