1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer TruckLite 6 wire identification

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mems, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey All,

I have a plow installed on my Jeep Wrangler and its basically an offroad vehicle only. I havent put a lot of $$$ into the set up seeing as I only take care of my driveway. My Wrangler came stock with fog lights which I take off with the stock bumper when I put my plow setup on. I decided that I'd wire the Trucklite lights on the Meyer setup to the fog light wires that come out of the fenders to eliviate having to spend $100 on a special harness. I am just looking for the low beams of the Trucklites to work. There are only two wires coming out of the Jeep which I venture to say are hot and cold. Looking to see which of the 6 wires I need to wire up to the positive and negative coming out of the Jeep to get the low beams only to work properly. I'm guessing the black wire will go to the negative of the Jeep but I cant seem to find what color wire of the 6 pack is for the low beam light.

Any help would be great.

2. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Ok its actually a 5 wire system. My mistake. i am going to hook up low beams only. I just need to know out of the 5 wires coming out of the Trucklites, which color is low beams and whether or not the black wire is the ground. Also, if there is anything else needed to do this besides just hooking up the ground and the low beams wires to a positive and negative source.

Any help would be great.
    Chris

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I'm not sure what lights you have but mine are as follows:
    Wht= ground
    Red= high
    grn=low
    blk=parking
    yellow=turn
    good luck

4. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Thank you sir! I'll try it. Appreciate the help.