1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer troubleshooting - unidentified wire

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beverlylawncare, Dec 17, 2003.

1. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

I stripped a Meyer plow from my friend's truck last night, and installed it on mine tonight. In my haste, I forgot to label one wire. It is in a loom which comes from the cab to under the hood, and it is an orange wire. It has a round terminal end crimped, (large enough to go to the battery). In my paperwork, it only references the orange wire which runs between the plow headlights. HELP! The plow does not work at all when I press the buttons on the remote (hand-held). I didn't want to guess whether it is a ground or a hot wire. Plow lights work great, just no juice to the pump, etc. I did not have the haudralic lines hooked up to the pump, I figured that didn't need to happen just to test the lift cylinder.

Thanks a billion!

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Go to the Meyer website and you should be able to find it. It could be power to energize the relay.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Pump Wire

How big's the wire ( battery cable size?), where's the other end go? onto motor?
    Got the hot lead off the Solenoid hooked up to motor yet? Ground line to pump?
    Might also be an extra ground lead for motor / pump too. The Solenoid is to switch the high amp + line to the pump motor.
  4. maintenanceman

maintenanceman Member

It sounds like that is the wire for the power to the control pad (if it is the bundle of wires going from the controls to the plow motor). Need to know what model it is to be sure.
  5. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Orange wire goes to neg post on battery.
  6. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Thanks guys, I looked at the Meyer site, and according to it, if I trace the lead from the hand held controller, the orange is a ground. By the way, its an E60. According to the site I have to make sure the solenoid is grounded, which I used the same home-made mounting plate which puts the resetable breaker and solenoid next to each other. It may be that I'm not grounded good there either. I'll look at it tomorrow after I put some salt down in the early a.m. (I hope!) Good thing I still have my "old faithful" 2nd truck!

7. tileman

tileman Member

For Touch Pad only (orange wire to ground on motor
    solenoid mounting bolt}