1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Trip Springs

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Boomer123, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

My older Meyer 7.5 plow seems to be folding or I guess you call it tripping more while plowing. Can this be fixed by adjusting the springs.

It happens more when I'm plowing a private subdivision road. I'm not plowing that much depth.

2. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

add a third trip spring, it will help.

3. daman

daman Member

How many springs do you have? You can try adjusting them more or add another.

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

acouple things to also think about is your aframe sitting level? which hole are you using for your plow? how worn out is your cutting edge?. to steep of an angle will make your blade trip easyer

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

adjusting the trip springs....tighten top nut 4 turns beyond the the point where the spring coils seperate, then tighten lower nut...

you can download the manual from the meyers site

6. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

cutting edge is good, I have 3 springs, a frame is level

7. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

8. daman

daman Member

But how tight do you have them? you have them so the coils are just starting to separate?

9. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

raise plow . stand on cutting edge with both feet and grab top of moldboard . are you swinging like a seesaw ?

nuts should be snug so springs are taught .

10. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Sometimes, you just need more springs. The advice above about how to tighten the springs is good. Cranking them up real tight won't make much of a difference because once it moves a little bit, its already tightened up to that point anyway.

Plow springs are cheap anyway, I think about $10-$15 (aftermarket). One of my 6.5 plows that I use in an inhospitable environment, I added two extras, now has 4 and it now works perfectly.