1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer touchpad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by roblandscape, Jan 5, 2003.

1. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I recently purchased a meyer snow plow set up off EBAY when I went to pick it up, the complete setup was sitting out in the rain including all the electronics and the touchpad. About two weeks later I installed the plow. When I went to see the plow worked I turned the touchpad on and it lifted the pump with out touching any of the arrows on the touchpad. I had to shut it off to make it stop. I thought it was a wiring problem in the solinoid, But every thing was right. I then started calling meyer dealers to purchase a new touchpad, but for some dumb reason every one closes at 12pm. on sat. it was 11:50, Frusterated with some bloody nuckles and wanting to see this thing work I took the touchpad apart and saw some moisture in it, I then put it on my defroster in my truck cranked the heat for about five minutes, put it back together and the ***** worked, Im glad all the plow suppliers closed at 12pm in my area because this touchpad was close to being in a landfill. DON'T LEAVE YOUR ELECTRONICS OUT IN THE RAIN
  2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

:rolleyes: went to look @ a plow that was on e-bay, the guy used photoshop to clean up the rust holes in the pics he posted.

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Well my feelings on EBAY are