1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer touch pad

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dines78, Dec 17, 2010.

1. dines78

dines78 Junior Member

ok guys I want to pick some brains before I buy a new pistol control. I have an 8' meyer with an e60 pump that was rebuilt last year and it works great this year with the old dual switch controls. Problem is I have a touch pad control that I normaly use with it but it instantly blows the 10 amp fuse on the blue wire when I turn the power switch on. I went thru all the conections cleaned everthing and even changed out the soleniod. No good, flip the switch and pop goes the fuse. So I disconnected the coil wires at the pump. No go, still blows the fuse. Went further and disconnected the white wire at the solenoid. Nope, still blows the fuse. Now if I disconnect the orange ground wire the fuse doesn't blow, obviously there is no complete circuit. As soon as I hook up that orange ground and flip the power switch the fuse blows. Bad touch pad? I would hate to spend $250.00 on a new pistol grip just to find out it's going to blow the fuse.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good diagnosis, and as you suspect yes the TP itself is shot.