1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Touch Pad help needed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Luppy, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Hi guys, I'm swapping out the little annoying joystick on my Meyer for a Touchpad. I've got the new harness in place, and I know where the wires go...sort of. Red/ Green / Black / White to existing harness colors.
    Blue to key on power. Orange to ground.

I've got all the wires connected except the blue one. My problem is, I don't know how to figure out "where" to wire in the blue wire. Without the blue one connected, I'm assuming the T-pad won't work because it's not working without that one connected. Any help appreciated! Thanx

Michele

2. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Ok I'm done messing with this for today. Just for reference. The touchpad and harness are brand new. Before I removed the old toggle switch, I verified it worked although the plow is not mounted, the solenoid did click when tapped up, left, and right.
    I removed the old stuff, then connected the touchpad harness - blue wire I put to constant power which is the same way the old toggle was setup. white wire to the solenoid, orange wire I tried putting on the neg. battery terminal but I get no power with it like that. I then grounded the orange wire to the vehicle, and now the touchpad lights up.
    If I press the top arrow, solenoid clicks once then the arrow lights go off, and the triangle in the left corner lights up. Same thing happens if I press the right arrow. Left arrow I can press all day and it will click and the arrows will remain lit.
    Weird thing is, the original toggle works fine if I connect it back up. What did I do wrong here? Please somebody help because I have some free time tomorrow and would like to work this out before I have to resort to paying someone to help me get it right. Thanks guys.

Michele

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  3. smiti105

smiti105 Member

You should have five wires coming to the touchpad. A coil, B coil, C coil, power on (ACC), and power to the selenoid. I am not sure if there is a ground wire running from the touchpad the the chassis. The circuit should complete by running the ground to the battery from the motor on the pump. I am lookign at a wiring diagram for a Meyer E47 here. Hope this helps. There will be more posts on this I am sure.

4. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

did you let out any magic smoke :yow!: -you should really have a diagram in front of you -just touching wires to things can destroy the touchpad fast- let me know if i can help - i build custom controls for just about anything....

5. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

smiti I don't have to worry about the wires from the harness to the touchpad because it has a snap in connector at that end. The ground wire from the pump to the battery was already in place. I'm only replacing the original control stick and harness with the touchpad and harness. The red/green/black wires connect to the pump and those are self explanatory as well. I put the white wire on the solenoid, the orange wire to ground, and the blue wire inside the vehicle I put to constant power instead of key on which is the same way I had the stick style control connected.

This is the result:

If I press the top arrow, solenoid clicks once then the arrow lights go off, and the triangle in the left corner lights up. Same thing happens if I press the right arrow. Left arrow I can press all day and it will click and the arrows will remain lit. The Touchpad and harness are brand new, I just bought them. Regardless, I'll get the headgear on tomorrow and then test everything.

6. smiti105

smiti105 Member

How much was your touchpad if I might ask? Is your pump an E47?

7. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Yeah the pump is an E-47. I don't know how much I paid for the touch pad but I bought it and the wiring harness from Central parts warehouse.

8. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

you cant plug in the controller and test it. it must be attached to the pump
    or it wont work
    john

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

the blue needs to ran to the fuse block , so when u have key on you get power to the pad

10. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Kewl. Thanks cardoctor. I'll get the pump and the plow on tomorrow then. Thanks a bunch.

11. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

All set boys! Got the plow on this morning and the Touchpad is working fine. Bring on the white gold...speaking of which, I could have sworn the weather man was talking a few inches of white stuff possible for tomorrow here. Thats New England for ya, 60F today, snow tomorrow!

touchpad.JPG

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  12. smiti105

smiti105 Member

It was very cold in Jersey last night and was in the sixties today. Have not looked at the weather since though. Have fun.