1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer to Boss

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 350guy, Mar 1, 2011.

1. 350guy

350guy Member

Hey guys im looking to pick up a 2007 ford 350 that has the meyer plow hook up but no plow. i want to put a boss v on it anyway. but this is my question does meyer drill into the frame and ill be left with a bunch of holes or do they mount in factory holes?
    Thanks Cody
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. rocklandls

rocklandls Junior Member

I went the other way over the summer...from boss to meyer. The holes do not match up
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

The holes will NOT match up, but you are definitely making the right move. Bye bye Meyer, and hello Boss!
  5. 350guy

350guy Member

But will i be having problems with all these holes in the front of the frame?
    Thanks Cody
  6. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

350 you should be fine; unless Old Murphy has one of the Myers holes about a half hole off the Boss???? If you run into that you can still usually tack a piece of plate onto a long rod and reach down in there and hold it where the hole is that you want to get rid of and just "rosette" weld it and then bore your new hole and away you go................ not that big of a deal usually . If you have a half inch seperation I think you are fine anyway.
    I gotta agree with push2please I think your headed in the right direction...............
  7. 350guy

350guy Member

Ya i would be fine if it was a fisher or boss but im not a big fan of the meyers.
  8. NickT

NickT Senior Member

What don't u guys like about the meyers I've had one for a while but have been eyeing the boss.
  9. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

made alot of money over the years with my meyers.