1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer TM or TMP-6.5 on a Jeep 99

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Clint, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Clint

Clint Member

Anyone here run a TM or TMP-6.5 on their Jeep....
    According to their site these are the two models that would be appropriate for my Jeep.

Also how reliable are Meyer plows?

Thanks,
    Clint

2. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Hi Clint,

As long as you use the plow for personal use , you should get long use from it.
    If you use for commercial use,expect to replace parts. Its just not made for any severe duty. The TMP is very nice from the perspective of less parts to rust.

Goodluck, Plowtech:)

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Consider a Snoway 22 series. The Snoway system will allow you to run either a 6'8" or a 7'6" blade, and offers Hydraulic down pressure,to quote addicted they're "sick fast". Search the site under snoway and wranglers. Lots off very happy campers.

Addicted installed his before the factory released a mount, they did just what he did.

check this post:waving:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=31821

4. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

I run a TM 6.5 on my 99 Cherokee, love it and I have had no problems.

5. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Put a brand new Meyer TM 6.5 on my 97' TJ
    when I bought the Jeep in 99'. The key to
    reliability imo is regular maintenance. Mine
    has been super reliable and does the job
    great. I plow private driveways. Have done up to
    45 of them in a day with this plow. No problems.