1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer T-5?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by markf, Feb 8, 2003.

1. markf

markf Junior Member

I just picked up a pump for a project. I believe it is a Meyer T-5. It is electric raise, and mechanical lower via a PTO type cable manually opening a release valve simmilar to a bottle jack . Is it a T-5 and can any of the plow Gurus tell me any thing about it? Age? Reliability? Parts available? Value? etc...
    Thanks
    Mark

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Old old old old old old old old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The_Burning_Rom

The_Burning_Rom Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

obsolete

you could always sandblast it and resell it on e-bay as new like HRVY:rolleyes:

~BN~

5. Grant

Grant Member

I believe Meyer made T5's from the late 40's till the early 70's. A quick and easy way to hang a plow on anything with wheels. I have a few of them buried out in the barn somewhere. My Dad still runs one on my old CJ-5 to plow his driveway. Parts are no longer made. Strictly for old yard toys I would think.

6. farmertim

farmertim Member

SO THATS WHAT IT IS!!!!

I have one of those if you need one for parts.
    I got it from an old landlord but never new what it was.
    I even have the frame mount for the motor with some old round headlights if you want it.
    Don't know if it works but probably does..:)
    Tim

7. markf

markf Junior Member

I saw the one on ebay which was how I Identified mine. I about fell out of my chair when I saw the price. I'll be watching that one. I had it set up on a CJ7 but it never got used, I sold the Jeep without the plow. I have a J-10 yard truch with a meyers frame and Wester/Fisher pump. Just trying to figure out what to do with this dinosaur now. Thanks for all the great info.
    Mark

8. Grant

Grant Member

You are not the only one who about fell out thier chair over e-bay prices. Evidently they have "collector" value or something. "Buy it Now" for a mere $750??!!! Methinks not.

9. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

BUY IT NOW PRICE WAS ORIGINALY$ 1,000.00

CARDOCTOR:salute: :salute:

10. markf

markf Junior Member

It will be interesting to see if it sells on e-bay, it is a strong unit, but is very out dated. For the price of used meyers and fisher elec/hyd power angle pumps on the used market, I can buy two for the price of that one. On the other hand I know what I can do with mine if it fetches a high enough price!:D

11. Plowingsince73

Plowingsince73 Junior Member

I have been selling and trading snow plow parts for many years. Some of my very best selling items are parts and complete T model pumps. I would guess there are 1000's of them out there still being used. Without any question these pumps are the best Meyer ever built. I found it quite interesting that Meyer introduced the NEW and IMPROVED E60's and recently the E57's with larger electric motors. I guess they finally found out those little 3" motors were crap! Towards the end of the production of the T model pumps WERE even equipped with power angling!
    As far as the NOS (New Old Stock) one that I have on Ebay for $750.00 it is BRAND NEW, not just sandblasted and painted as Big Nate thinks. The rebuilt pumps that I sell on Ebay are rebuilt by me personally and I take great care in making sure they are in excellent shape before they are shipped. Please check out my feedback. SMALL WORLD guys! TOM AKA hrvy Plowingsince73:D

12. markf

markf Junior Member

Now I'm really sitting here rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off! It is a small world! I'm watching your auction, if it goes I will probably throw the one I have up there for a much lower reserve since its used, unless I find another usefull home for it here before I post it. You are right about those motors!

13. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

Yep, it is a small world! LOL :eek:

Ya just never know........ ;)

Pete

14. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

World Wide Web

This is exactly why I try to never say anything too controversial.:D
    It may wind up biting you in the a$$.
    Mark K

15. TLS