1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer SuperV2

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bignortherniron, Nov 24, 2010.

1. bignortherniron

bignortherniron Junior Member

Anyone have any experience with the new superv2 and the E70 pump... liking the idea of the trip edge and the fact that they offer up to a 10.5 blade, but would like to hear your feedback.

2. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

I have a 9'6" version that I put onto a 09 Chevy 3500hd SRW. I really like it so far. Did have minor electrical issues (mostly from install errors, but dealer fixed it all with no questions. Great dealer support is key with any flavor plow). Unless Fisher or Boss does something to improve their products by 2013, I'll only consider Diamond.

3. bignortherniron

bignortherniron Junior Member

does the rubber flap in between the cutting edges really make as much of a problem with cleanup as I've read in the past?

This would be my first V plow but am really thinking of a 10.5 as all we do now is commercial lots

4. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

This is my second plow that has used that rubber flap in the middle. It is another maintenece item, but a whole lot cheaper system than than the formed cutting edges that alot of other plow companies use. I went several years before I had to anything with my first plow(Fisher) before having to rebuild the middle and I used that plow hard. I have not had to anything to this Meyers yet and I am starting my second season with it.

10'6" That is alot of plow. I thought going with the 9'6" was huge. Hope you have the truck for it.

Hope this helps. Again-dealer support is the most inportant point IMO. My dealer is outstanding and they are only 8 miles from my shop.

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Could you elaborate on that? I'm kind of curious what you are looking for.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

He also had very bad luck with a Fisher XV.

7. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

x2.........

8. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Things to improve Fisher-center hinge that will last the whole season(should go back and look at what they used on the EZV as my old one is on its third truck 11 years old and only sprayed a couple times a year with WD-40). More steel behind the plow on the contractor models.

Things that would improve Boss-1) trip edge on their V-plows. Trip boards will not trip in either V or scoop mode=truck frame takes all the shock when you get fetched up. 2) Double acting rams to pull the wings back. Those springs can not help you get out of a snow bank like the others that use hydraulics.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Mainiac- Bumping this back up- How are the hydraulics compared with your old Extreme V? As fast?

These things look very well built and Meyer in general looks like they've come a long way.

10. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

I was looking at the Extreme V for this truck and I got talking with fellow plow guys that have them. Found there were these flaws(had heard rumors, wanted to talk to owners first hand). Was at the Fisher dealer when the maintenance supervisor of a huge landscape company came in for warrenty work on a one year old plow and he showed me the problem with the hinge on the plow. It was sad. That company can afford to lose a truck or 10 to break downs as they have enough equipment to cover the loss. I can not afford such a loss of even one truck.

Dealer support was better at the Diamond dealer than the Fisher dealer. 5 miles apart from each other.

I do know that Boss' and Fisher hydraulics are faster than Diamonds to the point that a 2 friends of mine had to have there Fisher systems detuned to stop the rams banging at the end of the cycles. Other than that, I had heard no complaints about either hydraulic system.

My hydraulic system is faster than my EZV (Fisher's first V plow), but it isn't radical. The E-70 pump that is on my plow is built by Monarch which hydraulics is their business.

My truck and plow will be replaced after two more winters. I will be looking at Boss-Fisher-and Diamond as I am not brand loyal. I want equipment that is the best quality for the price.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice to hear, monarch is definitely a great system. Have you had a chance to plow with your new V2 yet or is this your first season? Please keep us posted as to any issue's you run into or your general opinion on the plow.

12. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Second season with it-but last year was no real test of the plow. I think I plowed 5 times and they really wasn't much for storms.