1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Super V

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by A&M Snowplowing, Feb 28, 2006.

1. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

What do you guys think of this new Meyer v plow. Also what do you think of the new night saber lights they just came out with. I dont know but i hate to say it i was stuck on either a Boss power v or a western MVP for the next truck but this new meyer looks nice.
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Do yourself a favor and get a western V plow. People have enough problems with meyer straight blades. Now you just added more moving parts and another set of valves to an already crappy meyer E-60 pump. :angry:

Oh the night sabers suck too. I can show you a set that housing cracked and fell off my truck while plowing. No lights and blinding snow is just gangs of fun.
  3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have more information on this Super V?

They don't list it on their website.
  4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Ive heard of them. Central parts says and I qoute, "junk." I also had a meyer straight blade and it was garbage. Just my two cents.

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I've heard of the Vector.

But not this "Super-V" that A&M is talking about.
  6. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

7. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

Last year I held off on buying the super-v as it was too new and there were bugs. My friend was testing one for Meyer. He had some minor complaints but overall he really liked the way it plowed. He didn't like the ergonomics of the controller (I actually do like the controller). He had a problem with the controller which was fixed. This guy is very hard on his plows and he had no problems with it.

I just replaced my fisher with a super-v ad after 2 ice storms I have to say it is a fantastic plow!

First storm everything worked great. Got used to the different controller in about 3 passes.
    After the storm my plow was stuck in "scoop" so they gave me a new cotroller. Worked great then I got stuck in "v".
    Brought it back today and the whole time it was the electrical harness. I am pretty sure it was me who damaged it but they replaced it and ready to go for this weeks storm.

I know this thread is old but I am sure someone else will be searching for info so decided to respond.
  8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

yea i just saw it on the website. looks pretty strong. got any pics of yours????:waving:
  9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Its a traces its heritage back to Diamond the makers of the first movable V plow. Double acting cylinders, trip edge. I would get one.
  10. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

I'll post one later today when I get done cleaning up the wintery mess that just started to hit us.

Unfortunately, after posting we got hit with 12" (that's not the unfortunate part). I get to my shop, hook up my plow and the orange light is blinking on my controller which means something is messed up again.
    Fortunately, the blade was straight but "V" and "Scoop" dont work. Not the end of the world but I plow a bunch of banks and need scoop to get through the drive up tellers. I can't fit straight or angled.
    Anyway I have a dump truck and bobcat at one of the banks so I just had him follow me to 2 others to get the drive up tellers and some other tight spots where I use scoop.

Went in first thing this morning and it was the controller. This is actually the 3rd controller. Apparently, the new, back-lit controllers have serious issues so they gave me an unlit one from last year. I hope this one does the trick.
  11. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

Here's my truck with the v-plow

plowing 008_phixr.jpg
  12. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Whats that above the center tower?
  13. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Over all how has the plow been for you?
  14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Definatly a nice looking plow, but anymore the yellow scares me away. I definatly want to know what that thing is in the middle there?
  15. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

kinda looks like a rubber flap to keep the snow from going up and between the wings. Just like everything else that just comes out for the first time...somebody has to give it a try right!

you got a leveling kit or somthin on the front of your truck, that suckers standin high for a GM with a plow.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  16. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

The center is rubber to keep the snow out. Standard with the super v.
    My friend had one last winter to test. He liked it and talked me into getting the meyer as opposed to the Fisher. Also I got a deal on this one as I buy a lot of stuff the place where I got my plow (strobes, racks etc).

So far, minus the controller problems, it has been awesome! I have 2 fishers (8' and 9') but this is my first V plow. I would rate it a A- so far but realistically I wouldn't recommend it fully until I use it for the season.

I plow some banks and it is great for plowing through the drive up tellers and around the driveway up to the tellers where it is pretty tight. Without the v-plow would have to bobcat the area so it saves me a lot of time (I plow 3-4 banks).
    The only thing I need to do is change the settings as the plow drops/raises too slow for me.

The ergonomics of the controller is pretty good. I wish the cord was more flexible.

I have now used it for a total of 28 hours so still can't say how durable it is.

If anyone gets one ask if you can have last years controller as there have been a ton of bugs with this years. The only difference is this years controller is backlit where last years wasn't. Doesn't matter really as how often do you actually need to look at your controller? Pretty much never.

Torsion is cranked all the way up for the tires to fit. Have air bags in the back to level the truck. Also so I can haul heavy stuff (large sheds) without having it look like Im riding a wheelie.

plow 002_phixr.jpg

plow 001_phixr.jpg
  17. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thanks for the good info VP.
  18. RODJ

RODJ Member
    from MD

frame under truck two low to ground hit when I go over speed bumps is there a adjustment to raise frame
  19. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Thought the super v , was tapered up on the ends thats the way they show it in the pictures on their web site
  20. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

That would the Super V2

You guys realize this thread is 4 years old?