1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer starting a new trend?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by corkireland, Sep 23, 2004.

1. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

Ok so I just went to the Meyer Website and I couldn't believe what I saw. we talk about the future of plowing. But I think they might just be on to something.. Its called the exmount express system. They have completely gone through and redesigned their exmount system putting the claim of an fastest in the business. This is what didn't excite me. It was the fact that they are able to angle the blade and keep it level. Though not a nescessity the added brush guard that seems to come standard seems to be a real cool feature. But most methodically thought out part seems to be the electronic control module hooked up to the new controllers. From the controller inside the cab you can adjust the raise and lower rate.. not to mention the plethra of features availabe at the push of a button. Raises the blad when backing up. lowering when you put in drive if selected. automatically shake blade to get snow off. This could be interesting to see how this develops and starts to trickle into the industry. But defantaly worth checking out:

P.S. I apoligize if a thread had been started about this, I didn't take much time to check that possibility out.
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I am not trying to bash meyer plows since i may end up buying one for a jeep. However from looking at the picture, i don't like their new mounting system. I take it that the grill guard has to be on the front at all times. They claim to offer increased ground clearence but from the pictures, my curtis undercarriage gives me twice the clearence that the meyer xpress provides, and 3 times the ground clearence of their ezmount. IMO Meyer continues to fail on their mounting systems when it comes to looks and ground clearence, they seem to forget that the mount is always there and no one wants it bottoming out all the time. The only mount that came close to being ok IMO is thier MDII which i think they copied alot off fisher to design that undercarriage.
  3. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I agree that for the most part I'm not a fan of their mounting system and granted the grill guard will not appeal to alot of people.. but the electronic aspect that they have going.. Something tells me we will begin to see alot more computer aided plows. It was these features that were impressing me.
  4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I have to agree with you there, i have been thinking that it would be nice to have some of those features.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there is a cool video of the meyers system on angelos supplys
  6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

As time goes on you will probably have a display that tells you how far your plow is angled to the left & right. Could come in handy in some cases. I like the auto lift in reverse & auto drop in forward. That sounds pretty handy! :waving: