1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer st-7'5"

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BladeScapes, Oct 10, 2007.

1. BladeScapes

BladeScapes Junior Member

I'm about to buy a meyer St-7'5" for a 98 f150. I weights 656 pounds. How much ballast is good or to much in the back? It also has the joystick, but I want the remote, is that interchangeble?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3-400 lbs would be just right for you F150...

Unfortunately you cannot swap the joystick controller with the remote touch pad without also changing the entire control harness.
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Hey B&B, off topick, but if I were to put a plow like his on my 95 f-150, would the truck last or would it get torn up? Thanks
  4. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

Is this a used plow? If your buying new I would look at the Boss standard duty. Much better plow for same $.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure, your truck would handle an ST 7.5
    just fine...some ballast in the back and maybe a set of heavier coils or Timbrens in the front and you'd be good to go.
  6. BladeScapes

BladeScapes Junior Member

Yep..That's the plan: Timbrens in the front, ballast in the back- I'm going to use my soon to buy snowthrower and some sand and salt. It's my first season, so I decided to buy used. When I buy a brand new plow It'l probally go on a bigger ford.

98 Ford F-150 4x4
    Meyer ST 7'5"