1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Special Bolts

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by D.todd6, Sep 13, 2009.

1. D.todd6

D.todd6 Member

I decided that Idodn't want to spen the money on the parts kit for my ez classic mount and I was wondering if anyone knew how long the special bolts are? The mount is for a 93 f250.
    Also are the spacers anything special or are they just thick washers? Same question with the block reinforcing.
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

The originals are forged bolts I use Grade five bolts and a thick washer, I cut the head off and weld a bar stock to the shank, grind one end on a angle then slip it in the hole tighten and torque.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  3. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

WOW i had now idea that that frigin forged bolt was that much! that is crazy! like nascar24 said you can cut the head of a bolt off and weld a 1 1/2" tab on that will hit the inside of the frame when you tighten it up. I believe that bolt is about 2 and 1/2" long you can go up to probaly 3 or 3 1/2" long to be sure. The spacers are only square think washers. Good luck with everything.